Restaurant Brasserie Avion was opened in 2003 after an extensive reconstruction of the residence of the original wool processing factory owner, Leo Brill. Villa was built between years 1903-1905. After nationalization, during the period of building socialism, until 1989, there was a day nursery on the premises.
An intention to establish the restaurant in the villa came out of a pleasant and quiet environment, where this building is situated and the size of a ground plan of the construction.
The restaurant name – Restaurant Brasserie Avion was created from the conjunction of three words. Brasserie, which is a mixture of restaurant and café, is a popular and widely spread type of eatery in France especially. Avion arose from searching for some up-to-date names of the 30´s last century. The additional word restaurant was chosen to simplify the perception of the “at that time” unfamiliar word Brasserie. Since 2003, the name Brasserie has become well-known and it has been used in common communication among the public.
Brasserie Avion is focused exclusively on serving a lunch menu. The opening hours are also adapted to this. Every weekday we offer a choice of two soups and four main courses, where there is always at least one gluten-free. There is also always a selection of desserts made by us.